Health and Safety
We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously and are taking steps to ensure the safety of our guests and associates. The Resort has been closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) statements regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19). On a daily basis, our resort is working to ensure that we meet the latest guidance on hygiene and cleaning and to address a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID-19, and include everything from handwashing hygiene and cleaning product specifications to guest room and common area cleaning procedures.
- Associate Health, Safety and Knowledge: Hotel associates – and their own health, safety and knowledge – are essential to an effective cleaning program. Here are some ways we’re supporting them:
- Hand Hygiene: Proper and frequent handwashing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. In our daily meetings, our teams are reminded that cleanliness starts with this simple act. It’s important for their health and that of our guests.
- Ongoing Training: In addition to training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols, hotel associates are also completing enhanced COVID-19 awareness training.
- Cleaning Products and Protocols: We work with our suppliers to make sure our hotel can procure and use virus-killing products approved by EPA Environmental Protection Agency as well as the protective equipment they need for their operations. Our hotel use cleaning products and protocols which are effective against viruses, including:
- Guest Rooms: We use cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high-touch items. To avoid any unnecessary contact we will not be changing your sheets during your stay unless you are requesting it. Our Associates will not be servicing your room unless it is unoccupied at the time of the room service.
- Public Spaces: We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on the counter at the front desk, door handles, public bathrooms and even sanitizing our room keys.
- Event Notification: If we are alerted to a case of COVID-19 at our hotel, we immediately work with the local health authorities to obtain the guidance on steps to take with both guests and associates. We undertake an additional cleaning and disinfecting protocol of the common areas of the hotel as well as the areas we know the guest has been during their stay. In addition, the hotel seals the guest’s room (e.g., preventing entry by staff or others) and undertakes a room recovery protocol that is designed to disinfect everything in the room including sanitizing the air.